Sunday, June 2, 2013

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo...

Happy summer to all you out there who started their break already! We on the other hand go all the way until June 12, so vacation feels like a loooooong way away. But, this week is going to be PACKED, so it should fly by. First off, we are going to the ZOO tomorrow! I made up this zoo bingo worksheet (download it here) to keep them busy, but for the most part my kiddos get to explore the zoo, see the animals, and just enjoy with their chaperones. The weather forecast calls for sun (AMEN!) so as long that holds out it should be a fantastic day.


Also up on our calendar this week is Kindergarten Graduation! We invite all the families to come and begin with a program and certificate presentation. We sing some of our favorite songs from the year, recite the "Goodbye Poem" and pass out certificates. Then we go out to the playground for ice cream sundaes, games, crafts, and play time. It's always a blast! I'll be posting more on that later, though...

In the meantime, we have been making new art projects for the hallway. On Friday, we did a guided drawing activity with self-portraits. We traced the pencil lines with Sharpies and will be painting them tomorrow. Here's a peek out how they're going so far...

Does this one remind anyone else of David from "No David"??


We will also be writing our advice for next year's kindergarteners too. Grab it here! After they hang in the hallway, I'll put them in a book to share at the beginning of the year with my new kinders.


That's all for now! Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    Thank you for the zoo bingo! I'll use that next year for sure. I just posted about your new blog.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I found you over at Kimberly's blog! :) I'm a MI blogger and love Kimberly to bits and pieces. She sang your praises...so I know you've gotta be awesome!

    Let me know if you ever need anything!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete