Monday, May 20, 2013

Deck the halls with... flowers and flags


Who else is excited for a long weekend and a Sunday that just might not be filled with lesson planning and preparing for the week? Just BBQs and sunshine and family and friends... it doesn't get much better than that. This girl can't wait for the weekend to get here! (I know, it's only Monday...)

So, I've been guilty of keeping our last art projects up in the hallway for waaay too long. Like, embarassingly long. At least they were super cute, so I feel a little more justified, I guess. I found the idea at Art Projects for Kids and decided to give it a try. Look at what my little artists created with some guided drawing, Sharpie tracing, and watercolor painting! I was impressed.



A few more, because I love them so...




But down these had to come. And next up in the hallway? A little patriotism for Memorial Day!


We made these cute tissue paper flags on 12x18 white construction paper. First, we studied the flag and noticed the blue square in the corner, the white stars, and the red-white-red-white stripes pattern. So we took our yellow crayons (so that the lines wouldn't be as visible under the tissue paper) and drew our flags. Then, we glued. and glued. and glued. It took a long time, I won't lie. But, so worth it. 


Drawing our lines with yellow crayons - not the straightest here... :)


Tomorrow we'll be doing some writing to go with these. I like to tell myself that every art project can be justified if there's some literacy linked to it, right?? This is what our prompt and writing paper will look like... Here's a copy for you too! (both color and black & white versions)

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I can't believe your kiddos made those pictures. They are amazing!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was likewise set to self-teach my offspring too, yet we were exceptionally fortunate to have discovered this school and might prescribe it to anybody searching for an extraordinary preschool.
    Phoenix kindergarten

    ReplyDelete