Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Phew... the long awaited summer has finally arrived! However, my poor blog has been a little neglected over the past few weeks. I'll just backtrack a little and fill you in a little of our end of the year fun! 

Our last week was c-r-a-z-y busy but tons of fun. After our zoo field trip, we had our End of the Year celebration, field day, move-up day, and all the usual year-end fun. Here's a look at our finished self-portraits and writing that we hung in the hall!






I am saving their advice pages to put in a book and read to next year's group. They were very insightful :)

My team and I also made some thank you's for our students and all our volunteers. The tags came from A Cupcake for the Teacher and the Flavor-ices were $8 for 200 of them at Sam's Club! Cheap and easy... my favorite!




For the parent volunteers, we filled these cute summer cups with Starburst and added a little tag I made up. You can grab a copy here! I taped a thank you note to the back of the tag for a personalized addition. 



More to come about the end of the year soon! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Found you from Funky First Grade! Good luck with your blog! I'll be sure to check in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking out your blog!! Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin, I found you on Funky First Grade Fun. I love finding new blogs especially Kindergarten ones. I teach kindergarten too. I love your posts so far. Good luck in this new adventure! You can check out my blog here if you are interested. http://erinsescape.blogspot.com

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your parent volunteer gifts. So cute. I gave insulated tumblers filled with Lifesavers. The tag read "You've been a lifesaver!"

    I'm also a new follower. Please check my blog.

    -Jeremy @ Mr. Michelbook's Classroom

    ReplyDelete